Karachi: Pakistan Coast Guards (PCG) seized huge quantity of Irani Diesel, Betel Nuts and contraband items at Naka Khari Check Post on RCD Highway near Windar (Balochistan).
On credible information from intelligence resources about the smuggling of Irani Diesel, Betel Nuts, and contraband items in general area Windar on RCD Highway, following seizures were carried out by PCG special checking during the preceding two week:-
1. At Naka Khari and Winder (Balochistan) PCG mobile patrol teams recovered approx 2,27,350 Liters of Irani diesel from various illegal dumps in general area and 03 persons were arrested. In another operation, during the search of passenger coach 04 rare species birds were recovered.
2. At Naka Khari during checking, PCG officials recovered 3,240 Kgs Betel Nuts, 1,780 Pkts Indian Gutka, 1,223 Stks Cigarette and contraband items from different vehicles and 02 persons were arrested.
3. At Lath Basti (Karachi), PCG officials confiscated Non custom paid Toyota Car. 01x person was also arrested for smuggling of Non custom paid vehicle.
4. At Pasni (Balochistan) PCG mobile patrol teams recovered approx 3,000 Liters of Irani diesel from various illegal dumps in general area.
5. At Peer Abad Post (Karachi) rare species birds were released in the presence of high ranking officials of the forest and wildlife / department. These birds were recovered from different places during operations.
06x smugglers alongwith Betel Nuts, Irani Diesel, mazda truck and car taken under custody. Approx value of Betel Nuts, Irani Diesel and contraband items in the market is Rs. 41 Millions. Further investigation and legal process is under way.